- Auctioneer contest comes to Fort Scott (10/17/17)
- Trustees learn about quiz bowl team’s success (10/17/17)
- Education is her choice of weapon (10/13/17)
- Schedule for Eagle Road overlay still undecided (10/13/17)
- This pumpkin is heavy! (10/10/17)
- Curriculum alignment process continues at USD 234 (10/10/17)
- Auctioneers to gather in Fort Scott for state contest (10/10/17)
- Bourbon County Law Enforcement Center dedication, tours (10/6/17)
- Commission makes decision on downtown fence (10/6/17)
- Hang on! (10/3/17)
- Uniontown swept in home finaleIt was Dig Pink Night. It was Senior Night. But it wasn’t Uniontown’s night Tuesday as visitors Pleasanton and Marmaton Valley took wins from the Eagles in non-league matches at the West Bourbon Elementary gymnasium. The Eagles (12-23) lost to Pleasanton in two sets, 25-20, 25-18, and Marmaton Valley in three, 18-25, 25-17, 25-21. The Wildcats also won the middle match, 25-17 (after going out to a 16-1 lead), 25-19 over Pleasanton...
- ONLIINE ONLY: Contingency plans made for Regional cross country at Burlington (10/18/17)
- ONLINE ONLY: Sub-State pairings set for Saturday (10/18/17)
- Conqs hold off ’Hounds, 36-29 (10/17/17)
- Madison ties for 22nd at State (10/17/17)
- ’Hounds go 3-1 in Illinois (10/17/17)
- Jayhawks roll by Vikings; Erie visits Friday night (10/17/17)
- Tigers 1-2 in tourney, host Sub-State Saturday (10/17/17)
Kenneth Eugene LittletonKenneth Eugene Littleton, age 78, a resident of Fort Scott, passed away Monday, Oct. 16, 2017, at the Kansas City Hospice House in Kansas City, Mo. He was born March 29, 1939, in Fort Scott, the son...
Dale W. (Willis) JacksonDale W. (Willis) Jackson, 64, of Uniontown, Kan., passed away peacefully, but unexpectedly, at his home on the morning of Oct. 16, 2017. He was born Oct. 25, 1952 in Iola, Kan., to the parents of...
Arlo Weldon EdenThe trumpet of the Lord sounded on Oct. 11, 2017, for Arlo Weldon Eden. On that day, he answered the call and claimed his mansion built for him. He was born on July 19, 1929, in Hugoton, Kan., the...
Robert “Bob” RudkinRobert “Bob” Rudkin, 94, passed away Oct. 6, 2017 in Wichita. Bob was born March 4, 1923 to Samuel and Marion (Collins) Rudkin at home in Fort Scott, Kan., the youngest of four boys and three girls....
Dorothy C. CoffeenDorothy C. Coffeen, age 100, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Wednesday Oct. 11, 2017 at Prescott Country View. Funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 16, 2017 at the Schneider Funeral...
Arlene K. DueslerArlene K. Duesler, age 93, formerly of La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Monday, Oct. 9, 2017. Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13, 2017 at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory,...
Driver NeededLooking for an over the road truck driver. CDL required, some lifting so applicant must be physically able. Contact Randy for more information: 620-365-3166
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVEAccount Executive – Commerical Truck Insurance Manage an existing book of business. We are looking for a career-minded individual with exceptional work ethic. Must have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability...