- Honoring Judge Sam Mason (5/18/18)
- Students share idea for building renovation with city commissioners (5/18/18)
- Hometown performers at the Riverfront Park (5/18/18)
- The big day (5/15/18)
- Commissioners take a walk down Eagle Road (5/15/18)
- Tigers get early lead, hold on for 8-5 win (5/11/18)
- Big first inning leads to Tiger win (5/11/18)
- Celebration of new pavilion set at Riverfront Park (5/11/18)
- Commissioners asked to change asphalt overlay priorities (5/11/18)
- Ridin’ the rails (5/8/18)
- Eagle girls earn program’s 2nd State berthPITTSBURG — Uniontown’s softball team qualified for the program’s second State Tournament appearance by beating Marmaton Valley and Oswego in the Colgan Class 2-1A Regional Tournament here Tuesday. The second-seeded Eagles (16-6) defeated third-seeded Marmaton Valley, 9-2, in the second semifinal. They then beat top seed Oswego — which had beaten host Colgan, 5-4, in the first semifinal — by an 8-3 score in the championship game...
Janice K. “J.K.” LindbergJanice K. “J.K.” Lindberg, age 55, of Piper, Kan., “went to God’s house” on Thursday, May 17, 2018. To celebrate her life, her family will receive friends at a memorial gathering from 5 to 8 p.m....
Kayden Blaes SamynKayden Blaes Samyn, age 11, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Sunday May 20, 2018 as the result of an accident. Funeral service will be 10:30 am Saturday, May 26, 2018 at the Mound City First Baptist...
Pauline Stoughton BeelerPauline Stoughton Beeler, age 95, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Sunday, April 29, 2018. There was cremation. A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, May 25, at the Cheney Witt Chapel....
Barbara Rose IveyBarbara Rose Ivey, age 83, a resident of Ft. Scott, Kan., passed away Saturday, May 19, 2018, at the Mercy Hospital Emergency Room in Ft. Scott. She was born Feb. 12, 1935, in Frederick, Okla., the...
Glen Eldon DyerGlen Eldon Dyer, age 96, resident of Clarksville, Tenn., went to be with the Lord on May 14, 2018, at Vanderbilt University Medical Center after a brief illness. Pastor Larry Stevicks will conduct...
Charlene Neel HunzikerCharlene Neel Hunziker, 83, of Uniontown, Kan., passed away early Wednesday morning, May 16, 2018, at Guest Home Estates. She was born Feb. 1, 1935, in Colorado City, Texas, the daughter of Clyde...
Help WantedSUMMER JOBS! CHILDREN'S AIDE interviewing now. Great summer job working with youth. 28-30 hours per week. Late May to early August. Good experience for college students seeking related career. Must be a good role model. Requires a clean driving record and reliable transportation. Must be minimum 18 years. Drug screen required. Questions, call Ashley at 620-223-5030. EOE/AA
Help WantedCLEANING POSITIONS AVAILABLE! Part time days, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Part time evenings Wednesday and Friday. In Fort Scott. Send inquiries to the Fort Scott Tribune C/O A548 PO Box 150 Fort Scott KS. 66701