- County commission approves revised 2018 budget (8/22/17)
- Drowning classified as accidental; autopsy result pending (8/22/17)
- Fort Scott Wreath Ride set for Saturday (8/22/17)
- USD 234 opens doors to renovated buildings (8/18/17)
- Get ready for Mother Nature’s big show (8/18/17)
- Willard Dale “Bill” Good (8/15/17)
- Fire trucks, Teddy bears, more at the Kids Health Fair (8/15/17)
- Slides reopen at aquatic center (8/15/17)
- Fort Scott district approves purchase of used buses (8/15/17)
- Well done, Nell (8/11/17)
- Tigers enjoy first scrimmageFort Scott High’s football team held its lawnchair scrimmage at Frary Field Saturday, which turned out to be a warm, humid morning that felt quite a bit warmer than the 77 degrees it allegedly was when the Tigers began working out. The freshmen went first before the varsity/junior varsity began their workout at around 9 a.m. ...
- Greyhounds returning only 12 players (8/22/17)
- Tiger tennis short on experience (8/22/17)
- JV tennis opens season at home (8/22/17)
- Results from City Golf hampionships (8/22/17)
- Hale making the leap straight to Division I (8/18/17)
- Tigers picked to top SEK in coaches’ poll (8/17/17)
- Teaching, technique focus of early practices (8/17/17)
Joan SavageJoan Savage, age 78, former resident of Fulton, died Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2017 at the Baldwin Health and Rehab, Baldwin, Kan. Funeral arrangements for Joan Savage will be announced by the Cheney Witt...
Conner William HawesConner William Hawes, age 22 months, died Friday, Aug. 18, 2017. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 25 at the Cheney Witt Chapel. Burial will follow in the Mt. Olive Cemetery,...
Anthony Alexander KnodelAnthony (Tony) Alexander Knodel passed away Aug. 9, 2017, at Mercy Hospital in Fort Scott, Kan.. He was born to Arnold and JoAn (Hinn) Knodel in New Rockford, N.D., on Aug. 31, 1956, and resided on...
George M. O'NealGeorge M. O’Neal, age 92, former resident of Fort Scott, died Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017, at the Laurels Nursing Home in Mount Vernon, Ohio. Funeral arrangements for George O’Neal will be announced by the...
Kelly Wayne FilkelKelly Wayne Filkel, 62, of Fort Scott, Kan., died Saturday at his residence. Kelly was born Oct. 25, 1954 in Girard, Kan., a son of Charles Wayne and Maxine Opal (Baker) Filkel. He grew up at rural...
Janet Dody SutherlandJanet Dody Sutherland lived life with the singular goal of making the world a better place. She loved to learn and to teach, and she spent her life sharing those passions with her family and the...
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking CNA's, full-time and part-time positions available; Full-Time Cook, day shift. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
MiscellaneousUSE THE PATENTED HAPPY JACK Flea bacon to control fleas in the home without toxic chemicals or expensive exterminators. At Tractor Supply (Fleabacon.com)
Help WantedCARE 4 U is seeking part time RN. Pay is dependant n experience. 10-15 hours per week. Call 620-223-1411 or apply in person at 5 E. Wall St.