- Uniontown district takes look at redesigning education (1/18/19)
- Experiences on stage lead thespians to international event, college auditions (1/18/19)
- Is another form of government right for city, county? (1/18/19)
- Rolling them up (1/15/19)
- Board discusses visit by education commissioner (1/15/19)
- Commissioners show support for tri-county bicycle trail (1/15/19)
- Hammons closes longtime family business (1/11/19)
- Commissioner of Education shares ideas to shape education (1/11/19)
- Kansas State Debate Tournament (1/11/19)
- Will Eugene Cook (1/11/19)
- Tiger boys, girls drop close games in final day of Frontenac tournament (1/19/19)
- Nevada proves too much for Fort Scott Tiger boys; Tiger girls fall to Providence Academy (1/18/19)
- Tiger boys edge Rams; girls trounced in first round tourney play (1/17/19)
- Vikings take big wins over Fort Scott in Parsons (1/12/19)
Kenneth Dean OakleafKenneth Dean Oakleaf, age 81, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, at the Country Place Senior Living facility in Fort Scott. Funeral services for Kenneth Oakleaf...
Lelah Marie BurgessLelah Marie Burgess, age 83, a former resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, at the Pittsburg Health & Rehab Center in Pittsburg, Kan. Funeral services for Lelah Burgess...
Penny Louise OsbornePenny Louise Osborne, age 63, a resident of Mound City, Kan., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, at the Denver International Airport in Denver Colorado. At the time of her death, Penny was...
Dr. Glen Albert DefebaughDr. Glen Albert Defebaugh, age 77, resident of Nevada, Mo., formerly of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Thursday morning, Jan. 17, 2019, at his home, following a courageous battle with cancer. He was...
Shirley Louise ForgeyShirley Louise Forgey, 87, of Fort Scott, passed away early Friday morning, Jan. 18, 2019 at her home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by the Konantz-Cheney Funeral Home.
Deryl Lee LaytonDeryl Lee Layton, age 74, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at the Medicalodges of Fort Scott. He was born June 18, 1944, in Wichita, Kan., the son of Orville Layton...
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Licensed Charge Nurse. Sign on bonus: $1000 for Full Time; $500 for Part Time. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Full time cook. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
Help WantedPART-TIME TELLER position available Kansas Teachers Community Credit Union. typical schedule will be: 12 pm to 5 pm Monday thru Thursday, 12 pm to 6 pm on Friday. 401K plan is available. Candidates must be honest, reliable, have the ability to learn and multi-task. Requires excellent customer service skills. The ability to work independently, as part of a team. Apply at: KTCCU 24 S. National, Fort Scott, KS or email resume to: email@example.com
Help WantedTHE BOURBON COUNTY COURTHOUSE is accepting applications for a full time custodian position. Applicant must be a Bourbon County resident of be willing to re-locate within one year. Benefits include: KPERS retirement, leave time and insurance benefits. Applications may be picked up at the County Clerk's office, 1st floor of the Courthouse and must be returned to the Clerk's office by 4:30 p.m. January 22, 2019. Bourbon County is an equal opportunity employer.