- Moran talks airport expansion, health care with city leaders (10/16/18)
- Entities pull together to find health care solutions after Mercy’s closure (10/16/18)
- Patrons look for answers about Gordon Parks Museum’s future (10/16/18)
- Uniontown’s fitness center opens with fanfare (10/12/18)
- Commissioners get volunteer fire fighters’ input on ambulance service (10/12/18)
- Mosley is Gordon Parks Choice of Weapons Award recipient (10/9/18)
- City receives update on fiber optics installation (10/9/18)
- A conversation with Mosley (10/5/18)
- City manager salary increased, contract extended (10/5/18)
- Mercy clinics to remain open under new ownership (10/5/18)
- Tigers hold off Liberators, 28-27It might not have seemed like it at the time, but when Fort Scott High blocked an extra point in the second quarter of Friday night’s game versus Bolivar, Mo., it was actually one of the game’s biggest plays in its 28-27 victory. The Tigers (5-2) led 28-13 going into the fourth quarter. ...
- ’Hounds win at Ellsworth in overtime (10/16/18)
- Eagles win 1 of 3 at Osawatomie, host Sub-State Saturday (10/16/18)
- Greyhound volleyball on winning streak (10/16/18)
- Tiger volleyball to face Eudora at Sub-State (10/16/18)
- Eagles fall by 1 (10/13/18)
- Tiger girls win fourth straight SEK crown (10/13/18)
- ’Hounds move up with win over Kansas City (10/13/18)
Edith Allene HawkinsEdith Allene Hawkins, 74, a resident of Fort Scott, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018, in Fort Scott. She was born July 3, 1944, in Mapleton, the daughter of Clyde Willard and Mildred Harris...
Mildred Irene SheltonMildred Irene Shelton, 91, a resident of Fort Scott, passed away early Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, at the Guest Home Estates in Fort Scott. She was born Dec. 31, 1926, in Stotesbury, Mo., the daughter...
Spencer Ross Burris, Jr.Spencer Ross Burris, Jr. 74, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Monday, Oct. 15, 2018 at his home. A graveside funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, 2018 at the Curry Cemetery. ...
Lelia LaForgeLelia LaForge, 99 of Girard, passed away at 1 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018 at her home after a short illness. Lelia was born Sept. 28, 1919 in rural Girard to Fern and Goldie (Maish) Graham. Her grade...
Robert Ray LambRobert Ray Lamb, age 88, resident of rural Bronson, Kan., died Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at Medicalodge of Girard, Kan. He was born March 26, 1930, in Bronson, the son of Ray Linus Lamb and Winona Agnes...
Barbara L. MitchellBarbara L. Mitchell, 93, formerly of Topeka, Kan., passed away on Oct. 11, 2018 in Omaha, Neb. She was born on Sept. 10, 1925 in Emporia, Kan., the daughter of Edwin and Edna Kraus. She graduated...
Beth's Little Barnyard DaycareExperienced licensed Daycare provider in Fort Scott. Opening November 5th. I provide a nurturing, fun, and safe environment for children to learn, socialize, and grow. I am accepting children of all ages. I provide quality care at an affordable...
Experienced CookLooking for experienced cook in Fort Scott KS for institutional cooking. Experienced in batch cooking, able to follow recipes and stand for 6-8 hours. Able to lift 50 LBs and be self motivated. Hourly Pay, pay based on experience and ability to...
Help WantedO'BRIEN READY MIX DRIVER WANTED. Must have class A or B - CDL. Benefit package includes: Health Insurance; paid vacation; retirement plan; weekly incentive checks and uniform service. Call Travis, 620-223-4251.
- City receives update on fiber optics installation
- Patrons look for answers about Gordon Parks Museum’s future
- Commissioners get volunteer fire fighters’ input on ambulance service
- Uniontown’s fitness center opens with fanfare
- Entities pull together to find health care solutions after Mercy’s closure