- City approves downtown building for residence (8/10/18)
- Teen killed in U.S. Highway 69 accident (8/10/18)
- Oharah holds on to his commissioner seat during Primary (8/7/18)
- Riddle Me This Scavenger Hunt (8/7/18)
- Candidates speak at forum ahead of Primary (8/3/18)
- Commissioners compare public works with other counties (8/3/18)
- Forum for the candidates (7/31/18)
- Trustees hear from insurance broker, make annual appointments (7/31/18)
- New display unveiled during LMC Polish Tour Reunion weekend (7/31/18)
- Artwork ‘just for fun’ (7/27/18)
- Tigers tie for second in SEK coaches votePITTSBURG — Defending champion Labette County was picked to repeat while Fort Scott High was picked to tie for second in a Southeast Kansas League coaches pre-season poll released by KSHQ Radio here Wednesday. With coaches unable to vote for their own teams, LCHS head coach gave Chanute his first-place vote while his team received each of the other four. ...
Wanda Lou SharpWanda Lou Sharp, age 72, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018 at her home. Visitation will be held 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug.19, 2018 at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory,...
Terry Wayne CampTerry Wayne Camp died Aug. 9, 2018 at Wheat State Manor in Whitewater, Kan. He was born March 8, 1951, at Fort Scott, Kan., to H.V. and Lorene Camp. He graduated from Uniontown High School in 1969....
Virginia Marie Gillen McKennaVirginia Marie Gillen McKenna died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Fort Scott, Kan., at the age of 80. Virginia was born July 14, 1938, in Harper County, Kan., to Arnold P. and Margaret...
Hunter Dean KovacicHunter Dean Kovacic, 15, of Stark, Kan., died at 10:12 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018 as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident on Highway 69 in Bourbon County, Kan. Hunter was born...
Jennifer Lyn HoustonJennifer Lyn Houston, age 30, a resident of rural Arcadia, Kan., passed away Sunday, Aug. 5 at the Cox South Medical Center in Springfield, Mo., following injuries received in an automobile accident...
Angela Kay DelaneyAngela Kay Delaney, age 52, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018, at her home. There was cremation. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 17, at the Cheney...
Help WantedCHILDRENS'S AIDE- Working with children after school, 12-20 hours/ Mon-Fri. Requires driver's license and reliable vehicle. Prefer experience with children. Minimum 18 years old. Drug screen required. Questions, call Ashley at 620-365-5717 or email email@example.com and reference SEKA. Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center serves Allen, Anderson, Bourbon, Linn, Neosho and Woodson counties. Applications at: www.sekmhcenter.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org, reference SEKA. EOE/AA
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking a full time Floor Technician. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.