- City makes room in budget for EMS (3/19/19)
- County officials explain cost of asphalt projects (3/19/19)
- Keystone Award winners (3/15/19)
- Commissioners hear report of faulty HVAC system in new jail (3/15/19)
- New principal hired at Uniontown (3/15/19)
- Talking taxes, taxes, taxes (3/12/19)
- Carrying the colors (3/12/19)
- Measure to improve, modify Fort Scott National Historic Site signed into law (3/12/19)
- Studying the art (3/8/19)
- Checking the city’s mattress for money (3/8/19)
- FSHS Tiger girls advance in substate tournament with 35-28 win TuesdayThe Fort Scott High School Lady Tiger basketball team (2-10 in the SEK, 4-17 overall) kept a shot at playing for a substate championship alive with a 35-28 win over the Ottawa High School Cyclones Tuesday night in Fort Scott. In a play-in game, the Lady Tigers showed strong defense in a game that also featured balanced scoring for both teams...
Billy Paul Brown
Betty Jean ChambersBetty Jean Chambers, 86, of Arkansas City, died Monday, March 18, 2019, at the Winfield Senior Living Community. The family will greet friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday evening at the funeral home....
Peggy J. FinleyPeggy J. Finley, age 77, Webb City, Mo., passed away on Friday March 15, 2019 at Freeman West in Joplin, Mo. She was born on Oct. 9, 1941 at Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter of Charles Eldon and Mary...
William M. "Bill" ScottWilliam M. "Bill" Scott, age 94, Mound City, Kan., passed away on March 15, 2019 at his home near Mound City. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at the Mound City United...
Grace P. HyattGrace P. Hyatt, Sept. 3, 1928 – March 14, 2019. Grace Hyatt, of Emporia, Kan.,, died at Newman Hospital in Emporia. Thursday, Grace Pauline Hyatt went to be with her Lord and her husband in Heaven....
Louise Woodworth Crist PrellLouise Woodworth Crist Prell, beloved mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, passed away peacefully early Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018, at St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, Calif. She was born Dec. 22,...
Help WantedMEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT - Fulltime in Pleasanton. Requires personable individual who enjoys working with the public. Must be detail oriented, good interpersonal and organizational skills, team oriented and computer literate. Previous medical and insurance billing experience preferred. Minimum high school diploma required, prefer Associate Degree. EOA/AA. Send resume to: Southeast Kansas Mental Health Center, reference Office Assistant Pleasanton to email@example.com or applications at...