- Moran stops in Fort Scott to listen (2/19/19)
- Fire chief explains need for new trucks (2/19/19)
- Thar she blows (2/15/19)
- Grad requirements to change at FSHS (2/15/19)
- Bottom line should stay same, but line items can move in jail, sheriff budget (2/15/19)
- County officials kick off regional trail project (2/12/19)
- Principal, 50-year educator resign (2/12/19)
- FSMS principal resigns, FSHS football coach hired (2/12/19)
- FSPD continues to investigate shooting incident at residence (2/12/19)
- Fort Scott police investigating Saturday shooting (2/9/19)
- Tiger boys lose 61-55 thriller; girls clobbered by Parsons 48-18The Fort Scott Tiger boys basketball squad (3-7 in the SEK, 5-13 overall) lost a nail-biter, 61-55, to the Parsons Vikings (8-3, 14-5) while the Lady Tigers (2-8, 3-15) were shellacked 48-18 by the Parsons Lady Vikings (7-4, 13-6) Monday night in Fort Scott...
Doris Reola DeMottDoris Reola DeMott, age 85, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, at the Olathe Medical Hospice House in Olathe, Kan. She was born Dec. 29, 1933, in Fort Scott, the...
Joleen (Scott) McGuirtJoleen (Scott) McGuirt, loving wife of Don, amazing sister, aunt, other mom, grandma and Neen was suddenly taken from us much too soon and unexpectedly due to cardiac failure on Friday, Feb. 15 at...
Charlene D. EndicottCharlene D. Endicott, 85, loving wife, mother and grandmother, passed away on Feb. 13, 2019. She was born in Columbus, Kan., on Aug. 26, 1933. She is survived by her children Larry Endicott, Gary...
Robert William FindleyRobert William Findley, age 70, of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Feb. 11 surrounded by his family. The son of Eldon and Ula (Carr) Findley, Robert was born in Fort Scott, at Mercy Hospital, on Jan....
Robert Earl LightwineRobert Earl Lightwine, age 72, passed away Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, in Mesa, Ariz. He was born Feb. 28, 1946, in Fort Scott, Kan., the son Harold Lee Lightwine and Maida Belle Parker Lightwine. Bob...
Robert W. FindleyRobert W. Findley, age 70, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, at St. Luke’s Hospice House, Kansas City, Mo. Services for Robert Findley will be announced by the Cheney Witt...
Help WantedPART-TIME KITCHEN help. Holmtown Pub, apply in person, 206 N. National.
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Licensed Charge Nurse. Sign on bonus: $1000 for Full Time; $500 for Part Time. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.