- Open work sessions kick of city budget season (7/12/19)
- Fun and games at the fort (7/9/19)
- Demolition nearly complete (7/9/19)
- Drug testing to begin at Fort Scott schools (7/9/19)
- The Fourth of July is for kids (7/5/19)
- Committee to form to discuss Fort Scott streets (7/5/19)
- Tumbling bricks (7/2/19)
- County to puchase machine to even out rough spots in roads (7/2/19)
- City looks at buying group for pumper truck (7/2/19)
- Health clinic to expand after accepting Mercy donation (6/28/19)
- Hurricanes improve times at Wednesday triangularThe Fort Scott Hurricanes swim team hosted teams from Nevada, Mo., and Independence in Fort Scott’s second home meet of the season Wednesday night. The Hurricanes won the meet, scoring 420 total points to Nevada's 260 and Independence's 34. See Saturday's print or online edition of the Tribune for complete story...
Christopher W. OttoChristopher W. Otto, age 38, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday July 11, 2019 as a result of an automobile accident near Rawlins, Wyo. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, 2019,...
Janice Arlene MorterJanice Arlene Morter, age 61, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Friday, July 12, 2019, at Freeman West Hospital, Joplin, Mo. She was born Jan. 19, 1958, in Fort Scott, the daughter of Leland Earl...
Donald E "Buddy" PayneDonald E "Buddy" Payne, age 85, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 in Via Christi Fort Scott, Kan. He was born in Trading Post, Kan., on Nov. 9, 1933, the son of William Wood...
Sandra Ruth LucasSandra Ruth Lucas, age 69, a resident of Overland Park, Kan., passed away Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at the Kansas City Hospice House in Kansas City, Mo. There was cremation and no services are planned...
Joseph Albert BrungardtJoseph Albert Brungardt, age 83, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Friday, May 31, 2019, at the Franklin House in Fort Scott. There was cremation. A graveside service with military honors...
Robert (Bob) Alec BillionisRobert (Bob) Alec Billionis, 96, passed away on July 4, 2019, at Via Christi Medical Center. Bob was born on June 17, 1923, in Pittsburg, Kan., to Nick A. and Edna Locke Billionis. He attended Able...