- Rolling rivers, dangerous driving (5/21/19)
- City commissioners approve street improvement program (5/21/19)
- FSCC trustees learn about music department growth (5/21/19)
- Board approves bids for school roof repairs (5/17/19)
- Navy Memorial to be dedicated May 26 (5/17/19)
- She’s a goner (5/14/19)
- Thomas resigns after five years at FSHS helm (5/14/19)
- Bargains, bargains and more bargains (5/10/19)
- County looking at formal agreements to share services, resources (5/10/19)
- City commissioners agree to sewer line repairs (5/10/19)
- Regional champs!The Fort Scott Tiger varsity baseball team (21-1, 11-1 in the SEK) claimed a regional championship in the Class 4A Regional tournament with a 14-2 shellacking of the Ottawa Cyclones (10-9) Tuesday night. Tiger centerfielder Alec Michaud collected four RBIs in the Tigers’ second game of the day at the LaRoche Baseball Complex-Dave Regan Stadium. ...
- Several Tigers headed for state track meet (5/21/19)
- Tigers advance to regional championship (5/14/19)
- Tigers, Lady Tigers win easy in Chanute; Tigers share SEK title (5/10/19)
- Tigers take fourth at regional tournament; two headed for state (5/8/19)
- Tigers win 18th straight; Lady Tigers split twinbill in Girard (5/8/19)
Kristyn Culp HicksKristyn Culp Hicks passed away at her home in Rockford, Ill., on Dec. 30, 2017. She was only 48 years old. She was an Army veteran and served at Fort Carson in Colorado. Kristyn was born on March 9,...
Joe “Pete” ErieJoe “Pete” Erie, age 82, a resident of rural Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Thursday, May 16, 2019, as the result of a fire at his home. He was born May 29, 1936, in Stotesbury, Mo., the son of Henry...
Dr. Robert E. O’DellDr. Robert E. O’Dell, age 63, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Monday, May 13, 2019, at Via Christi Emergency Room, Fort Scott. Private services were held with burial in Oak Grove Cemetery under...
William "Bill" Fredrick Gilbert Jr.William "Bill" Fredrick Gilbert Jr., age 78, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at his Pleasanton home. Graveside service will be 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2019 at the Pleasanton...
Mia Jo GipsonMia Jo Gipson, 51, of Uniontown, Kan., passed away late Tuesday evening, May 7, 2019. She was born July 19, 1967, in Boone County, Mo., the daughter of Howard A. and Shirley A. (Henry) Gipson. Mia is...
Mary Alice LongfellowMary Alice Longfellow, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Friday morning, May 10, 2019, at Freeman West Hospital, Joplin, Mo. She was born Nov. 7, 1947, in Topeka, Kan., the daughter of Maurice and...