- Fort Scott business explains expansion to Nevada, Mo. (7/19/19)
- Remembering the ‘small step, giant leap’ (7/19/19)
- Fair time! (7/16/19)
- County to rent equipment to prepare for quarry blasts (7/16/19)
- Open work sessions kick of city budget season (7/12/19)
- Fun and games at the fort (7/9/19)
- Demolition nearly complete (7/9/19)
- Drug testing to begin at Fort Scott schools (7/9/19)
- The Fourth of July is for kids (7/5/19)
- Committee to form to discuss Fort Scott streets (7/5/19)
- Hurricanes improve times at Wednesday triangularThe Fort Scott Hurricanes swim team hosted teams from Nevada, Mo., and Independence in Fort Scott’s second home meet of the season Wednesday night. The Hurricanes won the meet, scoring 420 total points to Nevada's 260 and Independence's 34. See Saturday's print or online edition of the Tribune for complete story...
Robert L. (Bob) SwankRobert L. (Bob) Swank, age 71, resident of Arma, Kan., died Thursday, July 18, 2019, at Arma Health and Rehab in Arma. He was born Nov. 25, 1947, in Fort Scott, Kan., the son of Robert C. and Lucille...
Margaret Mae (Boyle) WinterMargaret Mae (Boyle) Winter, age 88, of Fort Scott, passed away on July 13, 2019 at Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada, Missouri. She was born June 29, 1931, in Las Vegas, New Mexico, the daughter of...
Beatrice C. PaletBeatrice C. Palet, 73, of Fort Scott, passed away early Tuesday morning at the Medicalodges of Fort Scott. She was born Dec. 25, 1945, in Kansas City, Mo., the daughter of William V. and Laura Amanda...
Christopher W. OttoChristopher W. Otto, age 38, Mound City, Kan., passed away on Thursday July 11, 2019 as a result of an automobile accident near Rawlins, Wyo. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, 2019,...
Janice Arlene MorterJanice Arlene Morter, age 61, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Friday, July 12, 2019, at Freeman West Hospital, Joplin, Mo. She was born Jan. 19, 1958, in Fort Scott, the daughter of Leland Earl...
Donald E "Buddy" PayneDonald E "Buddy" Payne, age 85, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 in Via Christi Fort Scott, Kan. He was born in Trading Post, Kan., on Nov. 9, 1933, the son of William Wood...
Help WantedTHE BOURBON COUNTY Public Works Department is accepting applications for a full time Sign Crew Supervisor. A Kansas Class B CDL is required. General knowledge of the manual on Uniform Traffic Code Devices and the maintenance of the signs within the county is a plus. This position is required to work at the Transfer Station every 4th Saturday. The applicant must reside within Bourbon County or be willing to relocate within six months. The successful candidate will be required to pass a drug and...
Hay & Straw
Cut and hayI need someone to cut my 7 acre M/L pasture. You can have all the hay generated from the pasture for cutting it. Call 620-215-0604