- Land bank approved by city commissioners (6/22/18)
- Commissioners release final numbers on jail project (6/22/18)
- Preliminary budget includes projects, possible water rate increase (6/22/18)
- Correction (6/20/18)
- Welcome to Fort Scott (6/19/18)
- Investigation underway in theft of vehicles from car dealership (6/19/18)
- Couple blames county’s cameras for need to close business;County says releasing copy of camera video falls under Kansas Open Records Act (6/19/18)
- Tot Lot Day (6/15/18)
- Meal prices change at Uniontown schools (6/15/18)
- Work underway to revive dilapidated building (6/15/18)
- Grandfather, grandson complete BAK togetherA Linn County man and his grandson recently completed the state-wide Bike Across Kansas event, which finished last Saturday at Skubitz Plaza. Richard Long, 72, and his grandson, Hunter Holt, 14, completed the 558-mile long course that began at the Colorado state line near Johnson County and finished up at the Missouri State line four miles east of Fort Scott...
Stephen Ray JohnsonStephen Ray Johnson, age 61, Pleasanton, Kan., died Tuesday, June 19, 2018. Funeral services will be held 11 am Saturday, June 23, 2018, at the Pleasanton United Methodist Church. Burial will be in...
Melvin E. EndicottMelvin E. Endicott, age 89, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Friday, June 22, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Mo. Services for Melvin Endicott will be announced by the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S....
Judith Ann RodgersJudith Ann Rodgers, age 74, resident of Louisburg, Kan., formerly of Fort Scott, Kan., died Wednesday, June 20, 2018, at the Olathe Medical Center. Services for Judith Rodgers will be announced by...
Dale HixonDale Hixon, age 73, resident of Fort Scott, passed away Thursday, June 21, 2018, at Medicalodges of Fort Scott. He was born Dec. 3, 1944, in Fort Scott, the son of Vern and Josephine Comstock Hixon....
Larry Allen MaycumberLarry Allen Maycumber, 84, passed away Saturday, June 16, 2018 at CHI St. Vincent Hospital in Hot Spring, Ark. Larry was born Dec. 21, 1933, to J.W. and Elsie Anna (Cowan) Maycumber. Larry attended...
Lois Irene LambLois Irene Lamb, age 86, a resident of rural Bronson, Kan., passed away early Sunday, June 17, 2018, at the Mercy Hospital in Ft. Scott, Kan. She was born March 10, 1932, in Bronson, the daughter of...
Help WantedO'BRIEN READY MIX DRIVER WANTED. Must have class A or B - CDL. Benefit package includes: Health Insurance; paid vacation; retirement plan; weekly incentive checks and uniform service. Call Travis, 620-223-4251.
Rural Real Estate
House for saleSmall one bedroom house in the city of Fulton for sale. 15000.00 or best offer. Motivated to sell. Call to see or for more info 620-857-4506. Leave a message or text 620- 215-1875.
Now Hiring Pediatric RNsLooking for Pediatric RNs for private duty nursing in Fort Scott, KS. Part-Time Nights and Part-Time Days and Evenings available. RNs apply at www.craighomecare.com or call Tanya at 316-266-8724 for more details!