- Everyone waits as citizens’ petition is reviewed (4/19/19)
- County commissioners set free landfill days in May (4/19/19)
- The big hunt (4/16/19)
- County’s 2019 budget now includes ambulance service (4/16/19)
- Criminal justice program showing growth at FSCC (4/16/19)
- Conservation Day at Gunn Park (4/12/19)
- Honoring a fort friend (4/12/19)
- Students may be required to undergo drug testing (4/12/19)
- Congressman delivers copy of bill transferring ownership of historic building (4/5/19)
- City officials respond to public comments regarding fire trucks (4/5/19)
- Lady Tigers win two over Labette County; Bailey pitches perfect gameThe Fort Scott High School Lady Tiger varsity softball team (6-3 in the SEK, 7-6 overall) swept the Labette County High School Grizzlies (2-4, 3-7) in a doubleheader Thursday in Altamont. In game one, the Lady Tigers edged the Grizzlies 12-10 in eight innings after a tense back-and-forth affair...
David Bird AshcraftDavid Bird Ashcraft, age 72, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at his home following a brief cancer illness. He was born April 23, 1946, in Wichita, Kan., the son...
Evelyn Lois “Betty” HillEvelyn Lois “Betty” Hill, 91, died on Monday, April 15, 2019, at Kearny County Hospital in Lakin. She was born on Oct. 11, 1927 at Neodesha the daughter of Robert E. and Margaret E. (Totman) Jackson....
Suzanne StreetSuzanne Street, 72, of Fort Scott, passed away at her home Saturday evening, April 13, 2019. She was born June 27, 1946, in Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter of Carl S. and Martina D. (Kirker) Street....
David B. AshcraftDavid B. Ashcraft, age 72, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away early Tuesday, April 16 at his home following a brief cancer illness. Arrangements for David Ashcraft will be announced by the...
John Evans HarrymanJohn Evans Harryman, age 74, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Saturday, April 13, 2019, at Via Christi Hospital, Pittsburg, Kan. He was born on Oct. 10, 1944, in Metz, Mo., the son of Guy Franklin...
Mary Alice WallaceMary Alice Wallace, age 92, a resident of Forsythe, Mo., passed away Friday, April 12, 2019, in Forsythe. She was born Jan. 21, 1927, in Hartville, Mo., the daughter of Efton Newton and Velma Gladys...
MiscellaneousUSE ItchNoMore SHAMPOO to treat "hot spots", doggy odor and non-specific allergies without a prescription. Mid-West Fertilizer. (www.kennelvax.com)
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking LPN's and RN's. Sign on bonus: $1000 for Full Time; $500 for Part Time. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.