- Commissioners sign agreement for county counselor work (1/15/21)
- USD 235 to receive additional federal funds (1/15/21)
- County creates finance director position (1/12/21)
- County called out for KOMA violation (1/12/21)
- Commission approves Peerless annexation, rezoning (1/12/21)
- COVID-19 vaccine in Bourbon County (1/8/21)
- Tourism keeps moving during pandemic (1/8/21)
- WWII sailor’s remains to be reinterred at his hometown (1/8/21)
- Voters deny Fort Scott charter ordinance to allow fund transfers (1/5/21)
- New mayor elected for Fort Scott City Commission (1/5/21)
City signs contract to share finance directorDuring a special meeting, Fort Scott City Commissioners voted unanimously to share finance services with Bourbon County. In addition to being director of finance for Fort Scott, Susan Bancroft will...
Jennie Louise WoodJennie Louise Wood, 84, of Fort Scott, went to be with her Lord Wednesday evening, Jan. 13, 2021 at Landmark Hospital in Joplin, Mo. She was born Jan. 26, 1936, in Columbus, Ohio, the daughter of...
Laurence “Larry” E. LyonsLaurence “Larry” E. Lyons, age 81, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021, at Via Christi St. Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kan. Services for Larry Lyons will be announced by the...
James A TyperJames A Typer, age 83 died Jan. 5, 2021in Oklahoma City, formerly from Uniontown. He was born Jan. 11, 1938 in Uniontown. James graduated from Uniontown High School, attended Fort Scott Junior...
James L. "Jim" RutherfordJames L. "Jim" Rutherford, age 79, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. Graveside funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 16, 2021 at the Curry Cemetery. Individual...
Lois M. WilliamsLois M. Williams, age 90, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., went to be with her Lord on Jan. 14, 2021 at her home in Fort Scott. Lois Maxine Anderson was born on Aug. 28, 1930 and grew up on a dairy...
Duplexes for Rent1 BEDROOM 1 Bath Apt. $480/month 2379 Locust Rd., Fort Scott, includes all utilities plus cable. Call 620-224-0198.
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT is seeking Charge Nurse, Licensed Beautician and Transportation Aide/must be CNA. Please apply even if CNA is inactive. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
Houses for Rent2 BEDROOM HOUSE: New carpet. New Heat & Air. 620-223-4521 or 620-224-0956.