- The fort by candlelight (12/7/18)
- Airport extension plan revised for shorter runway (12/7/18)
- Tribune to be delivered Thursday (12/4/18)
- The season begins (12/4/18)
- County, city sign agreement for ambulance (12/4/18)
- Prepping the park (11/30/18)
- Board extends FSCC president’s contract, cites accomplishments (11/30/18)
- Public expresses concerns over Warford’s separation from FSCC (11/27/18)
- Commissioners nix idea of restarting recycling service (11/27/18)
- Budget figures spark discussion (11/21/18)
- Tiger scrimmage; season begins ThursdayRed & White Night at the FSHS gymnasium Monday night was not only an opportunity for Fort Scott High basketball fans to see their teams in action, it was also an opportunity to meet the wrestlers and watch the school’s spirit teams perform. There weren’t any real glitches in either scrimmage except for one drive in the boys’ contest on which Nick Lawrence was fouled hard. But he shook it off and came back in later...
- ’Hounds split with Washburn JV (12/8/18)
- Greyhound women crash boards in victory (12/8/18)
- Eagle girls second at Humboldt tourney (12/8/18)
- FSCC softball signs six players (12/8/18)
- Paola wins dual tourney; Tigers stronger as day goes on (12/4/18)
- Ecks perform well at Caney Valley (12/4/18)
- ’Hound men get by Park JV (12/4/18)
Frederick Gerald ClaryFrederick Gerald Clary, of Syracuse, Kan., passed away at the Wesley Woodlawn Hospital in Wichita, on Dec. 1, 2018, at the age of 80. He was born April 19, 1938, in Deerfield, Mo., the son of Noah...
Deborah Louise UnderwoodDeborah Louise Underwood, age 65, a resident of Ft. Scott, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018, at her home. She was born Sept. 5, 1953, in Lebanon, Pa., the daughter of Ezequiel Santana and...
Randall Scott "Randy" BantaRandall Scott "Randy" Banta, age 55, of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away at his home on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 at the Schneider Funeral Home and...
William Harry “Bill” Smith, Jr.William Harry “Bill” Smith, Jr. (Wild Bill to his biker buds), age 60, passed away unexpectedly Dec. 3, 2018, at Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan. He was born on Aug. 22, 1958, in Ft. Scott,...
Kenneth LeRoy DavisKenneth LeRoy Davis, age 91, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away peacefully at his home in Happy Hollow, surrounded by his family and love. He was born July 27, 1927, in Fort Scott, the son of...
Betty Jane Martin FarmerBetty Jane Martin Farmer of Shawnee, Kan., age 86, peacefully joined her Creator on Nov. 28, 2018. BJ (now Jane) was born Friday, Sept. 13, 1932, to C.C. and Mabel (States) Martin of Fort Scott. She...