- Voters chose three new city commissioners in Fort Scott (11/5/19)
- History group reports interest in development of old depot (11/5/19)
- Happy Halloween (11/1/19)
- Candidates speak during forum (11/1/19)
- Snow on the pumpkin (11/1/19)
- Trick-or-treaters take over downtown (10/29/19)
- On Monday, the Kansas Department of Transportation announced the award of $5 million to 27 counties that applied for KDOT’s Local Bridge Improvement Program. Bourbon County, with two “fracture critical” bridges, was not among those counties because o (10/29/19)
- County waits to apply for state bridge funds (10/29/19)
- Argh, Matey! Beware the skallywags! (10/25/19)
- rustees to be issued electronic tablets for meetings (10/25/19)
Elizabeth Gertrude “Liz” MeyerElizabeth Gertrude “Liz” Meyer, 78, of Fort Scott passed away Friday evening, Nov. 8, 2019 near Topeka, Kan. Following Cremation, funeral services for Liz Meyer will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday,...
James Richard NormanJames Richard Norman, 66, formerly of Fort Scott, passed away Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, at his home in Winfield, Kan. He was born Oct. 27, 1952 in Fort Scott, the son of Freeman and Inez (Kynard) Norman....
Willis “Hugh” Irvin DVMWillis “Hugh” Irvin, 99, of Fort Scott, formerly of Rogers, Ark., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019, at his home in Presbyterian Village. He was born in Siloam Springs, Ark., Feb. 10, 1920, the son...
Sharon “Sharry” Ann (Martin) RainsSharon “Sharry” Ann (Martin) Rains, 72, of Fort Scott, passed away peacefully at her home, Thursday morning, Nov. 7, 2019. She was born on July 29, 1947 in Cherokee, Okla., to Loren Ralph and Anna...
Kenneth Ray “Kenny” HoltKenneth Ray “Kenny” Holt, age 67, Uniontown, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019 at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. He was born on Oct. 11, 1952 in Pensacola, Fla., the son...
Perle David Patrick, Sr.Perle David Patrick, Sr., age 81, Parker, Kan., went to be with his Savior, Jesus Christ, at his home Nov. 2, 2019. Funeral service will be 1 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019 at the Schneider Funeral Home...