- Commissioners approve permit for Union Block project (3/22/19)
- County explores juvenile detention options (3/22/19)
- City makes room in budget for EMS (3/19/19)
- County officials explain cost of asphalt projects (3/19/19)
- Keystone Award winners (3/15/19)
- Commissioners hear report of faulty HVAC system in new jail (3/15/19)
- New principal hired at Uniontown (3/15/19)
- Talking taxes, taxes, taxes (3/12/19)
- Carrying the colors (3/12/19)
- Measure to improve, modify Fort Scott National Historic Site signed into law (3/12/19)
- FSHS Tiger girls advance in substate tournament with 35-28 win TuesdayThe Fort Scott High School Lady Tiger basketball team (2-10 in the SEK, 4-17 overall) kept a shot at playing for a substate championship alive with a 35-28 win over the Ottawa High School Cyclones Tuesday night in Fort Scott. In a play-in game, the Lady Tigers showed strong defense in a game that also featured balanced scoring for both teams...
Howard J. LoganHoward J. Logan, age 91, Centerville, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 21, 2019. Graveside funeral service will be held 3 p.m. Sunday, March 24, 2019 at the Centerville Cemetery. Contributions...
Billy Paul Brown
Betty Jean ChambersBetty Jean Chambers, 86, of Arkansas City, died Monday, March 18, 2019, at the Winfield Senior Living Community. The family will greet friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday evening at the funeral home....
Peggy J. FinleyPeggy J. Finley, age 77, Webb City, Mo., passed away on Friday March 15, 2019 at Freeman West in Joplin, Mo. She was born on Oct. 9, 1941 at Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter of Charles Eldon and Mary...
William M. "Bill" ScottWilliam M. "Bill" Scott, age 94, Mound City, Kan., passed away on March 15, 2019 at his home near Mound City. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at the Mound City United...
Grace P. HyattGrace P. Hyatt, Sept. 3, 1928 – March 14, 2019. Grace Hyatt, of Emporia, Kan.,, died at Newman Hospital in Emporia. Thursday, Grace Pauline Hyatt went to be with her Lord and her husband in Heaven....