- FSCC under hiring, spending freeze as cash-flow issue is worked out (12/1/23)
- Timken plans 2025 shut down (12/1/23)
- One house destroyed, another damaged in separate fires this week (11/28/23)
- City adopts revisions to Small Business Incentives Program guidelines (11/28/23)
- Design Review Board, city commission give green light to pavilion (11/22/23)
- Matkin stays with city (11/21/23)
- County's elected officials to get longevity pay (11/21/23)
- Three-way tie for Mapleton City Council seats broken; election final (11/21/23)
- Judge sentences woman charged in theft, forgery case to probation (11/17/23)
- Inmate recaptured after escape from work release (11/17/23)
FSCC credit hours ‘slightly’ lowerFort Scott Community College officials are dealing with changes in enrollment figures, including a “slight” decrease in the number of students and credit hours from this time last year, FSCC...
Cathy Jean KillionCathy Jean Killion, age 73, a resident of Uniontown, Kan., passed away early Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, at the Medicalodge of Fort Scott. She was born March 22, 1950, in Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter...
Karen Joy (Geyer) KellenbergerKaren Joy (Geyer) Kellenberger, age 69, died peacefully at home Nov. 21, 2023, surrounded by family and hymns of heaven, after a six-year battle with multiple myeloma. Karen was born Sept. 13, 1954,...
Larry Wayne MillerLarry Wayne Miller, age 65 of Pleasanton, Kan., passed away, Sunday, Nov. 26, 2023 in Fort Scott, Kan. A visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023 at the Schneider Funeral...
Dirk R. MyersDirk R. Myers, 66, resident of Pittsburg, Kan., passed away late Sunday evening, Nov. 26, 2023. Arrangements will be announced by the Konantz-Cheney Funeral Home.
Lloyd Eugene WileyLloyd Eugene Wiley, 89, a Fort Scott, Kan., resident, passed away, at his home, Saturday morning, Nov. 25, 2023. He was born on April 30, 1934, the son of Fred Funston Wiley and Opal Virginia...
Help WantedMEDICALODGES OF FORT SCOTT in now offering shift differential for all nursing staff. 50 cents more for evening shift and $1 more for night shift. Also seeking Full-Time CNA'S day and evening shifts. Competitive benefit package. Apply in person at Medicalodge, 915 S. Horton, Fort Scott,KS 66701. E.O.E.
- Biden is spending most of the week raising money at events with James Taylor and Steven Spielberg
- Israel strikes in and around Gaza's second-largest city in a bloody new phase of the war
- Brutal killings of women in Western Balkan countries trigger alarm and expose faults in the system
- 'We are officially hostages.' How the Israeli kibbutz of Nir Oz embodied Hamas hostage strategy
- UN agency cites worrying warming trend as COP28 summit grapples with curbing climate change
- A deer broke into a New Jersey elementary school. Its escape was caught on police bodycams
- 49ers linebacker Dre Greenlaw, Eagles security chief Dom DiSandro ejected in NFC title game rematch
- Chain crew member dislocated his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Italian officials secure 12th Century leaning tower in Bologna to prevent collapse
- Penguin parents sleep for just a few seconds at a time to guard newborns, study shows