- Tiger golfers second in tourney, second in SEK (4/17/18)
- Moving into the new jail (4/17/18)
- Reward offered in tow lot fire investigation (4/17/18)
- USD 234 pays final bill for bond projects (4/17/18)
- Home, Sport, Farm, Garden Show underway (4/13/18)
- Quietly, compassionately serving those in need (4/13/18)
- Student accused of making threat has first court appearance (4/13/18)
- Responders prepare for downtown emergency (4/10/18)
- Commissioners plan to let voters decide liquor-by-the-drink change (4/10/18)
- Teens offer their time in the community (4/6/18)
- ’Hounds bash way to sweep of NeoshoAfter Saturday’s play, the race for the lead of the Jayhawk Conference’s Eastern Division has become a dogfight between Fort Scott and Cowley. The Greyhounds completed a season sweep of Neosho County at Lions Field Saturday, bashing their way to 9-2 and 13-1 victories to improve to 17-3 in the division and 31-5 overall. At Parsons, Cowley swept last-place Labette, 9-6 and 6-4, to improve to 17-3 and 24-8 overall...
- Defending SEK champs sweep Tigers (4/17/18)
- ’Hounds take two from Cavs (4/17/18)
- Eagle softball splits with Jayhawks (4/17/18)
- Eagles win eight medals at Waverly (4/17/18)
- Three Tigers earn medals at Gorilla Relays (4/17/18)
- JV tennis hosts home tournament (4/17/18)
- 10 event winners for JV Tigers (4/17/18)
Eleanor Lucile QuickEleanor Lucile Quick, age 80, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died early Thursday, April 19, 2018, at Presbyterian Village, Fort Scott. She was born on May 17, 1937, in Redfield, Kan., the daughter of...
Cindy Kay GarrettCindy Kay Garrett, age 60, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Fort Scott. She was born Oct. 26, 1957, in Quincy, Mich., the daughter of Robert...
Nadine Louise “Dee” ModerhakNadine Louise “Dee” Moderhak, 88, of Fort Scott, passed away Wednesday morning, April 18, 2018, at the Franklin House. She was born Aug. 5, 1929, in Denver, Colo., and was the adopted daughter of...
Margaret “Maggie” McMillinMargaret “Maggie” McMillin, 80 of Butler, Mo., passed away April 15, 2018 at St. Luke’s Hospice House in Kansas City, Mo. Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, April 20, 2018 at Mullinax Funeral...
Gary Arnold GoetzeGary Arnold Goetze, 78 of Mt. Clare passed away peacefully into the arms of the Lord at 2:22 a.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2018, in the comfort of his home with loving family by his side. He blessed...
Rosella PageRosella Page, age 79, formerly of Fort Scott, more recently of Towanda, Kan., died Thursday, April 12, 2018, in Towanda. Pastor Matthew Hamilton will conduct funeral services at 1 p.m. Friday, April...
Food Service PositionsFood Service Positions Great Western Dining Service, Inc. at Fort Scott Community College has immediate openings for the following positions: • Dinner Server • Dinner/Weekend Dishwasher • Lunch/Dinner Cook • Waitstaff Qualification: previous...
Help WantedCASE MANAGER, ADULT SERVICES: Become a treatment team member supporting individuals in the community and assisting them in the rehabilitation process to meet their goals. Empathetic, well organized, self-reliant with good interpersonal skills. Basic computer skills. Prefer BA/BS, will consider A.A. with relevant work experience combined. KBI, Child Abuse Registry, Motor Vehicle Record and alcohol/drug screening required. Full time. Benefits. EOE/AA. Send Resume to Southeast Kansas Mental Health...