High: 48°F ~ Low: 27°F
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
Going GreatPosted Monday, October 8, 2007, at 9:25 AM
I've made it a point the past few months to blog about things that aren't too controversial. There was a point in time a few months back that I felt the need to step up and defend my fellow journalists in their actions. Even if I didn't totally agree with everything written, I felt obligated to defend that right to report it. And I took a lot of crap for it. So did the Tribune website. So it has been my goal to write positive things (for the most part) in hopes of creating positive feedback on the website. So this blog will continue with that!
A few weeks ago my wife told me that I was complaining too much so it's time to start focusing on the good things in life. The following are a list of things at the moment that are positives:
1. Signed a contract with the Kansas City Star as a freelance photographer. This might not mean much to most people but it's pretty cool for me. The Star is one of the publications I have admired since I was a budding photographer. Since signing the contract I've had two front page photos and several sports section images.
2. My wife's dream has come to fruition. The Lowell Milken Center (a local entity aimed at promoting understanding of all people) recently opened and she is working there while attending school. It makes her happy and if any of you married guys out there have ever heard "If the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy", well...if she's happy I'm happy!
3. I haven't dropped my camera (hence the name of my blog) in a LONG time. Knock on some wood, cardboard, metal, grass, water...anything you can knock on so that I don't jinx it!
4. On Saturday the wife and I got our tickets to see Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood perform at the Sprint Center in KC next month. This is exciting. Sure, I like Garth and all but my wife absolutely loves him. She got all google-eyed when talking about the tickets on Sunday. Ahh...lifes little treasures. Come concert time I'm anticipating that my good looks will mean absolutely NOTHING when Garth walks onto stage. I'll be the guy taking her purse to go buy a soda so she doesn't have to miss "Friends in Low Places" or whatever that song is. So if you see a guy walking around looking like a chicken with his head cut off, carrying his wife's purse and 7 extra large fountain drinks....that will likely be me.
5. I will do the purse carrying thing as mentioned in Number 4 ONLY because my wife was extremely understanding last week when I got to meet the second love of my life. Ms. Mandy Moore performed in Lawrence, Ks on Wednesday and I had the opportunity to photograph the concert and meet her afterwards. The wife was very understanding the entire time I slobbered and tried to act cool. Thank you wife.
God bless and have a great week! And think of the good things....?
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
Trying Not To Drop My Camera... Again
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed