- Kayaking the Marmaton (10/15/19)
- School zone signs to go on Indian Road (10/15/19)
- City approves bid for local financing of new pumper truck (10/15/19)
- ‘Star Wars’ takes over the library (10/11/19)
- Research begins on proposed events center (10/11/19)
- UHS Royal Court (10/11/19)
- A royal tea party (10/8/19)
- Moments of ‘fame’ Extras talk about their roles in ‘The Learning Tree’ (10/8/19)
- Choice of Weapons Award winners (10/8/19)
- Remembering Gordon Parks (10/4/19)
- Hounds edge Indy 27-25The Fort Scott Community College Greyhound football team squeezed out a 27-25 victory over the Independence Pirates during Homecoming Night Saturday at Frary Field. After a scoreless first quarter, the Pirates, now 2-2 overall, got on the board first when freshman kicker Jalin Troutman booted through a 27-yard field goal, capping off an 18-play, 70-yard drive with 10:38 left in the second quarter. ...
Dorothy Ann MangoldDorothy Ann Mangold, age 87, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019. She was born Dec. 14, 1931 to sheepherder parents, Les and Flossie Coonrod Angle, in Faith, S.D. She was the...
Mildred Van DykeMildred Van Dyke, 93, born in Fort Scott, Kan., has entered into her eternal rest on Oct. 15, 2019. She was widowed after 54 years of marriage to Hubert Van Dyke. They had three loving children,...
Pauline Mae NorrisPauline Mae Norris, age 94, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, at Franklin House Assisted Living in Fort Scott. She was born May 3, 1925, in Hepler, Kan., the daughter of...
Billie Jean ArbogastBillie Jean Arbogast, 54, of Fort Scott, passed away Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, at Guest Home Estates. She was born Dec. 24, 1964, in Wichita, Kan., the daughter of Forest Eugene and Iona (Crisp)...
Margaret Marie HaasMargaret Marie Haas was born on Sept. 3, 1924, to Charles and Pearl Niemeir in Bourbon County, Kan. She was the eighth of 10 children. Marie attended Center School through the eighth grade and...
Ronald Dean Brown, Sr.Ronald Dean Brown, Sr., age 74, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019, at his home. He was born April 1, 1945, in Fort Scott, the son of Robert D. Brown and Edna L....