- City commission vacancy filled (12/1/20)
- County employees to receive gift cards, longevity pay (12/1/20)
- Uniontown board reverses decision on mask policy (11/25/20)
- A life on the road in a tent (11/25/20)
- County commissioners support governor’s mask order (11/24/20)
- City hopes to save another one (11/24/20)
- Governor updates local officials on pandemic situation (11/20/20)
- Fort Scott mayor resigns (11/20/20)
- FSHS students go to remote learning (11/20/20)
- Uniontown junior, senior high students moved to remote learning (11/17/20)
Marjorie Ellen DingusMarjorie Ellen Dingus, age 91, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Nov. 27, 2020. Graveside service will held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020 at the Battlefield Cemetery. Contributions are...
Carol Jean (Perry) GeorgeCarol Jean (Perry) George, age 76, from Redfield, Kan., passed away Monday, Nov. 30, 2020, at Country Place Senior Living in Ft Scott, Kan., after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. She was born...
Sonja Kay Holsti-WellsSonja Kay Holsti-Wells, age 73, passed away peacefully in her home at 4:10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020 with her husband Tim by her side. Sonja was born Feb. 3, 1947, in Ft. Scott, Kan., to Wayne...
Latroy F. “Troy” White, Jr.Latroy F. “Troy” White, Jr., age 77, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Sept. 18, 2020, at his home in Fort Scott. A celebration of life service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5 at...
Rubie Mae Blackman ScottRubie Mae Blackman Scott, age 91, Mound City, Kan., passed away Nov. 29, 2020. Graveside funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at the Curry Cemetery. Friends may pay respects from...
Edward Everett Sprague, Sr.Edward Everett Sprague, Sr., 70, of Erie, Kan., passed away Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020, at the Via Christi Medical Center in Pittsburg, Kan. He was born July 20, 1950, in Albuquerque, N.M., the son of...
Houses for RentVERY NICE RENTAL house in Southwest Fort Scott, ready for a couple or single to move in. All interior has been updated throughout the house. For additional information call 620-223-1964.