USD 234 provides information on food service
Starting Monday, USD 234 will offer a lunch and a breakfast for any child 1 to 18 years of age, according to information posted Friday on the district’s website, www.usd234.org.
Families will have two options to receive meals: pick up at Winfield Scott, Eugene Ware, Fort Scott Middle School or Fort Scott High School, or receive meals through route deliveries. The pick-up meals will be handed to families in their vehicles at the pick-up locations. The pick-up times will be from 10 to 11 a.m.
For the route deliveries, buses will stop at each in-town location for 10 minutes and move to the next location. Buses on Route D and Route E will distribute meals at each stop and keep moving. Buses will stop at the following locations and times:
• Route A — St. Mary’s Catholic School, 10 a.m.; Eighth and Burke streets, 10:15 a.m.; Fourth and Couch streets, 10:30 a.m.; Fifth and Judson streets, 10:45 a.m.; Wall and Judson streets, 11 a.m.
• Route B — Eighth and Wilson streets, 10 a.m.; Fifth and Wilson streets, 10:15 a.m.; Second and Andrick streets, 10:30 a.m.; First and Cameron streets, 10:45 a.m.; Pine and Caldwell streets, 11 a.m.
• Route C — Emmert and Beech streets, 10 a.m.; Church of Christ, 1900 Margrave St., 10:15 a.m.; 15th and Ransom streets, 10:30 a.m.; 17th and Crawford streets, 10:45 a.m.; Community Christian Church, 19th and Huntington, 11 a.m.
• Route D — Devon Fire Station, 10:05 a.m.; Fulton Community Center, 10:30 a.m.; Hammond Community Center, 10:45 a.m.
• Route E — Fort Scott Municipal Airport, Indian Road and 187th Terr., 10 a.m.; Faith Church, U.S. Highway 69 and Deer Road, 10:25 a.m.; Jayhawk Road and 240th St., 10:50 a.m.
• School drive-through pick-up — 10 to 11 a.m., Fort Scott High School, Ninth Street; Fort Scott Middle School, east side; Eugene Ware, Fourth Street; Winfield Scott, east side.
Drop off includes breakfast and lunch. Students with dietary restrictions should notify the bus attendant. The child must be present to receive meals.
Parents or guardians who have questions about food service distribution should call their student’s school building starting Monday. The district offices will be closed to the public.