Thirteen members of the Future Business Leaders of America chapter at Fort Scott High School attended the District I Conference at Cherryvale High School on Friday, Jan. 25.
District I is comprised of FBLA chapters from 21 high schools.
Local chapter members placing in various events were:
* Business Ethics (team event): Fifth place- Jash Pytlowany, Dane Ramsey and Brendon Blackburn. Finishing eighth were Mady McColm and Anna Marsh.
* Business communications: Second place- Jaron Sauerwein; Fourth place- Chris Carrillo; ninth place- Anna Marsh.
* Business law: Third place- Jaron Sauerwein.
* Business procedures: Second place- Jaron Sauerwein; Fifth place- Anna Marsh; ninth place- Anthony Sercer.
* Cyber security: Eighth place- Caleb Gazaway.
* Economics: First place- Jaron Sauerwein.
* Health care administration: Fourth place- Caleb Gazaway.
* Hospitality management: Second place- Caleb Gazaway; Fifth place- Anthony Sercer.
* Impromptu speaking: First place- Mady McColm.
Others attending were Hayes Howser, Ben Labbe, Garin Sinn and Cole Stewart.
District I attendees are now eligible to attend the Kansas State FBLA Conference April 4-5 in Topeka.