"Reta Baker and Mark McCoy are the co-conveners for 2013 of the Steering Committee so they might have a different answer, but from my perspective," co-convenor Lindsay Madison said, "the Steering Committee's purpose is to:
1) Organize and host an annual community conversation to receive feedback from residents to form the direction of new or future action teams.
2) Attend annual statewide conference hosted by Public Square Communities LLC with colleagues from other towns to "connect community leaders and resources."
3) Meet monthly to communicate and evaluate progress on Fort Scott Visioning action teams, suggest and/or implement changes as needed.
4) Arrange and attend an annual regional conversation with one other area community and community-to-community mentoring.
5) Engage community youth in the visioning progress and encourage an annual "conversation" among youth.
6) Prepare for and participate in bi-annual Public Square Communities accreditation process and achieve accreditation status as a community.
7) Fundraising to pay for Public Square Communities' partnership fee, or other consulting or expenses as needed.