Albright, who takes the second district seat vacated by Jingles Endicott, said, "There are a lot of accomplishments that he (Endicott) has made for Bourbon County and the people in the second district and they did very well in selecting Jingles. I hope I can live up to what he has done."
Commissioner Harold Coleman and Allen Warren welcomed Albright and offered their assistance for anything she might need while transitioning to her new office.
Also sworn in Monday were Coleman, County Clerk Kendell Mason, Register of Deeds Lora Holdridge, Sheriff Ron Gray and County Attorney Terri Johnson.
Following the ceremony, the new commission passed a number of resolutions and selected Warren as its chairman and Coleman as vice chairman.
* Setting 2013 holidays for county employees, (res. 01-13).
* Waiving the General Accounting Principles (res. 02-13).
* Raising mileage reimbursements to employees from 51 cents per mile to 55 cents per mile to match state and federal reimbursements (res. 03-13).
* Designating Citizens Bank, City State Bank, UMB Bank, Union State Bank, Liberty Savings and Loan and Landmark National Bank as Banks of Record and The Fort Scott Tribune as the Official County newspaper (res. 04-13).
* Allowing the county clerk to cancel six checks totaling $174.44 that are more than two years old (res. 05-13).
* Approving financing from UMB for a $47,000 track loader that will be used primarily by the landfill and road and bridge departments. Of the total cost, $10,000 will come from the landfill's budget, $10,000 from sales tax and $27,000 will be financed from UMB on a five-year note with a 2.5 percent interest rate (res. 06-13).
Commissioners also made numerous board appointments, including Coleman as the county's representative to the Southeast Kansas Regional Juvenile Detention Center Board of Directors; Warren to the Southeast Kansas Multi-County Board of Health; and Albright to the Bourbon County Economic Development Board, the Southeast Kansas Planning Commission and the Southeast Kansas Mental Health Board.