A Business Leadership Network meeting will follow the Jan. 10 Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce Coffee at Tri-Valley Developmental Services, 4205 Campbell Drive.
You need not be a chamber member to attend the roughly hour-long gathering. The focus will be on building the Business Leadership Network in Southeast Kansas and sharing best practices on employment of people with disabilities.
Expected speakers include:
* Jeff Schroeder, Topeka, Kansas Department of Commerce, KansasWorks
* Diane Raine, Topeka, Business Leadership Network administrator, Disability Employment Initiative
* John Tersinar, operations manager, KansasWorks, Pittsburg
* Sue Morrell, human resources counselor, Kansas Department for Children and Families, Fort Scott
* Darla Hanks and Grace Kramer, Tri-Valley Developmental Services employment specialists, Fort Scott
* Ron Passmore, president/CEO of KETCH (Kansas Elks Training Center) in Wichita. He is an Employment First Oversight Commission member and part of the BLN development in Wichita.
KansasWorks, Vocational Rehabilitation and TVDS employment specialists have agreed to combine their services whenever possible. For more information, contact Hanks or Kramer at (620) 223-3390, ext. 212.