Kansas State University, Southwind Extension District, Wildcat Extension District, and Pfizer invites farmers and ranchers to attend the Winter Ranch Management Seminar on Tuesday, Jan. 8, in the Neosho County Courthouse meeting room. The conference begins with registration at 4 p.m. and the program starts at 4:30 p.m.
This will be one of nine seminars across Kansas featuring local onsite speakers, as well as presentations via webinar. Topics to be covered include:
* Protection and Restoration of Forage and Range Resources -- Keith Martin, Wildcat Extension District.
* R.A. Brown Ranch: Management Innovations for a Changing Beef Industry -- Donnell Brown, R.A. Brown Ranch, Throckmorton, Texas.
* Fetal Programming: Implications for Beef Cattle Production -- Rick Funston, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
* Tips and Tools to Reach Your Management Goals: Properly Assessing Your Pre-Calving Cows -- Jaymelynn Farney, Southeast Area Beef Systems Specialist.
* Introduction to a potential Kansas Heifer Improvement Initiative -- Delta George, Southwind Extension District.
To attend, please contact the Southwind Extension District, Fort Scott Office at (620) 223-3720 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 2, 2013. Registration fee will be $25 with additional attendees from the same family, farm or operation at $15.
Dinner will be provided.
Locations and contact information for other Eastern Kansas sites include: