FSHS girls' JV track
PLEASANTON -- Fort Scott High School's junior varsity girls' track team finished seventh out of eight teams at Pleasanton's varsity track meet here Tuesday.
Here is a list of how Tiger athletes fared:
* -- The Tigers' 4x100-meter relay team finished fourth in 58.88 seconds.
* -- Kennede Reynolds was fifth in the 800-meter run in 3:06.67 while Meredith Hill was eighth in 3:10.48.
* -- Katie Jo Hill took fifth place in javelin with a throw of 77 feet, 1 inch.
* -- Emily Martin was sixth in pole vault, clearing 6 feet even.
* -- Maddie Barbour finished fourth in long jump at 14' 2 1/2", sixth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 14.52 seconds and sixth in the 200 meters in 30.25.
* -- Michaela Webb was seventh in the 100 meters in 14.60.
The Fort Scott JV is scheduled to compete at Paola Monday and Nevada on Tuesday.
FSHS boys' JV tennis
PARSONS -- Two Fort Scott High School players competed in a junior varsity tennis tournament here Monday. The tournament had an elimination format rather than round-robin and each player took part in two matches.
Jesse Guerro played No. 1 singles and lost to Austin Whitson of Independence, 6-1, and Danny Benavide of Chanute, 6-1. Jon Carpenter played No. 2 singles and fell to Hunter King of Chanute, 6-0, and Tyler Strickland of Coffeyville, 6-3.
The Tiger JV hosts their own invitation Tuesday.
BRONSON -- Uniontown High School's baseball team dropped both ends of a Three Rivers League doubleheader with Oswego here Monday, 12-2 and 13-3.
The games were played at Dawson Field because the lights were not working properly at the field in Oswego. The visiting Indians batted as the home team.
The opener was tied 2-2 after one inning as Jordan Woods hit a home run in the top half of the frame. But the Eagles did not score again while Oswego scored in each of the five innings played.
Woods stole two bases and had one of the Eagles' four hits. Garrett Murrow, Max Labbe and Mitch Newman also had hits.
Oswego also scored in every inning of the second game as the run rule once again kicked in during the fifth inning. The Indians led 4-0 after one and also scored 7 in the fourth.
Labbe had 2 hits and stole 2 bases for Uniontown. Woods had 3 steals.
The Eagles face Jayhawk-Linn in a TRL doubleheader at 4:30 this afternoon at Dawson Field.