[Masthead] Fog/Mist ~ 37°F  
High: 44°F ~ Low: 33°F
Saturday, Dec. 20, 2014

Authorities respond to fire

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crawford County firefighters extinguished a fire at a Hepler residence on Feb. 13. The call to 404 Elm St. was issued at about 3:54 p.m. Sunday.

It was discovered that a fire had started in the attic above the kitchen of the residence, a news release said. The fire was put out and contained. Water damage was done to the kitchen and dining room area, the release said.

The residence is owned by Nina Griggs. No one was injured. Assisting in the investigation were the Hepler and Walnut fire departments, Crawford County Sheriff's Office and Crawford County EMS, the release said.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.