(Tribune file photo)
Eight former Fort Scott Community College Greyhounds will be in uniform for the nationally-televised Big 12 clash of unbeatens which could make a big statement of who wins the Big 12 North Division. Both teams go into Thursday night's game with identical 4-0 records.
Senior Brandon Kinnie (FSCC 2008) leads the Cornhuskers with 17 catches for 215 yards while fellow Husker linebacker LaVonte' David (FSCC 2009) leads the defensive unit with 44 tackles (18 solo, 26 assists). David also has 2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 1 sack in 2010.
(Tribune file photo)
Wide receiver Stanley Jean-Baptiste (FSCC 2009) is also on the Huskers roster, but has not accumulated any stats thus far in 2010. Jean-Baptiste originally signed with FSCC but was signed by Nebraska after spring practice.
On the Wildcats' side of the field, defensive back David Garrett (FSCC 2008) will look to help his team stop the high powered Husker offense. Garrett, a junior, has 20 tackles (2.5 tackles for a loss), 1 interception, and 1 fumble recovery for the Cats this season.
Wide receiver Zach McFall (FSCC 2009), defensive lineman Josh Sutton (FSCC 2008), and tight end Jeremy Sutton (FSCC 2008) are also on the K-State roster.
Kick-off for this key match-up will be 6:45 p.m. on ESPN, cable channel 25 in Fort Scott.
The performances of other former Fort Scott Community College College football players so far this season:
* Defensive lineman Anthony White (FSCC 2009) -- 8 tackles (1 for a loss) for 5-0 Michigan State, which is ranked No. 17.
* Quarterback Dominique Davis (FSCC 2009) -- 118 of 180 passing for 1,134 yards and 10 touchdowns for East Carolina (2-2).
* Punter Derek Helton (FSCC 2008) -- Averaging 41.0 yards per punt for No. 12 Louisiana State.
* Defensive back Coryell Judie (FSCC 2008) -- 13 tackles and 1 interception for Texas A&M (3-1).
* Running Back Jasmin Hopkins (FSCC 2009) -- 20 carries for 124 yards rushing for Northern Illinois (3-2).
* Quarterback Arvell Nelson (FSCC 2008) -- 64 of 119 passing for 752 yards and 3 touchdowns for Texas Southern (2-3).
* Defensive end Jacquain Williams (FSCC 2008) -- 17 tackles with 2 tackles for loss for South Florida (3-1).
* Defensive back Tony Charles (FSCC 2008) -- 45 tackles (26 solo, 19 assists) 5.5 tackles for a loss, and 1 sack for Arkansas Tech (2-3). Charles is also Tech's team captain.
* Defensive back Mike Chapman (FSCC 2008) -- 10 tackles and 1 interception for Arkansas Tech.
* Running back Chris Douglas (FSCC 2008) -- 46/290 rushing (team leader) with 3 touchdowns also 4 catches for 36 yds for Missouri State (2-2).
* Long Snapper Kaleb Mueller (FSCC 2009) -- 3 tackles for Missouri State so far in 2010.