Jayhawk girls win Waverly meet
BURLINGTON -- Jayhawk-Linn's girls won the team title at the Gene Farrow Invitational here Monday. Although the meet is held in Burlington, it is actually hosted by Waverly.
Jayhawk girls scored 97 points while Olpe finished with second. Pleasanton girls finished 11th with 16 points.
Olpe won the boys' title with 82 points. Pleasanton finished seventh with 23 1/2. Jayhawk-Linn did not provide boys' results and Uniontown did not indicate where it placed in the field as a team.
Jayhawk girls had four event winners and 14 medalists.
* Morgan Eastwood won the 100-meter hurdles in 15.8 seconds and the 300's in 50.1.
* Chelsea Beckman, Eastwood, Cassie Rockers and Taylor Dawson teamed up to win the 4x100-meter relay in 53.1 seconds.
* Eastwood, Shelby Krull, Meriel Long and Dawson won the 4x400 in 4:27.2.
* Long finished second in the 800-meter run in 2:43 and the 1,600 in 5:59.
* Dawson was second in the 400 meters in 1:03.1 and in long jump with a mark of 15 feet, 9 3/4 inches.
* Rockers was second in triple jump at 32' 3".
* Beckman took third place in the 100 meters in 13.2 while Rockers was fifth in 13.3.
* Beckman was also third in discus with a throw of 99' 9 3/4" and fifth in the 200 meters in 28.4 seconds.
* Amory Miller took sixth in javelin at 97' 6".
Pleasanton's boys had one event winner as Dakota Kern, David Sowards, Kolbee McKee and Jon Ransier won the 4x100 relay in 46.6 seconds.
McKee also took third in the 110-meter hurdles in 46.2. Martin was fifth in discus at 121' 1". Joey Shoopman was fifth in high jump, clearing 5' 8".
Kern, Cody Raymond, Sowards and Daniel Streeter were fifth in the 4x400 relay in 3:53.2.
T.J. Davis finished sixth in the shot put at 42' 5 1/2" and Cody Maloney tied for sixth in high jump at 5' 6".
Pleasanton's girls had three medalists. Kim Robinson was second in discus with a throw of 101 feet even. Rachel Richmond placed third in high jump at 4' 10" and Darla Snyder was fifth in discus at 92' 4".
Uniontown results saw four boys' medals and five girls' medals.
On the boys' side, Colt Bartlett won discus at 133 feet and finished fifth in shot put. David Shank was third in discus and Ben Dixon was fifth in long jump.
Emily Aikins placed second in the 100 and 200 meters for Uniontown's girls. Kait Spainhoward was fourth in both discus and shot put. Jessica Schaaf was sixth in the 3,200 meters. Abbie Smith missed the meet due to injury.